"Beauty will help you get the attention, personality will help you capture the heart, but attitude will help you make everything last."

Friday, December 28, 2012

Review! YSL L'Homme Eau De Toilette!


Disclaimer: I'm in no means a perfume expert. I only rely on how I feel and think about the scent, on how I like the scent and on how the scent tickles my senses.

My love for perfume was heavily influenced by a classmate (Edgar) in college who wear different perfumes everyday. I noticed that wearing perfume help Edgar look confident and my lady classmates love to be around him all the time. Maybe because he smells good and looks clean all the time.

I used to accompany Edgar in malls just testing and trying out perfumes. At first it got my nose runny after a few tries when a lady in the counter noticed me she had me smell coffee in between perfumes so I could reboot my nose and will not mistake one scent from another.

Since I have no means buying perfume in college, I usually saved up the stipend I got from my scholarships so I could buy stuff and perfume is one of them. The first two perfumes that I got are Acqua di GiĆ² Pour Homme by Giorgio Armani and Clinique Happy for Men.

Anyway, here is my review on YSL's L'Homme Eau De Toilette:

Perfume: L'Homme Eau De Toilette
Brand: YSL (Yves Saint Laurent)
For: Men
Price: $78.00 for 3.3 Fl. Oz - 100 ml

My YSL L'Homme bottle.

 I got mine in Hong Kong last 2010. I was not planning to buy any perfume that day; I just accompanied my mom while she shops around. Then I saw the golden colored liquid inside the golden colored covered glass on a perfume counter. The sight of the bottle was so hard to resist so I asked the lady in the counter to let me test and smell the perfume. She let me hold the bottle (it's the 100 ml bottle) and it feels just right in my palm. Not too heavy but enough to hold paper as paperweight. The moment I smelt the perfume, the top note got me and all my resistance were gone. I had to get it. I bought it that instant. I like it so much that I had to request for a traveler's size which the lady in the counter gave me for free. *wink wink*

 Me waiting for my food in HK night market.

 With Mom and little bro in Macau.

Size of 100 ml bottle when held

What YSL tells about it?
A fresh and woody fragrance that plays on contrasts and leaves a magnetic, sensual trail. A fresh and sparkling opening. An elegant and modern character, made of floral and spicy notes. A woody ambery structure, deeply masculine. Notes of Bergamot, Ginger and Vetiver make this a must-have fragrance.
Notes:

Bergamot, Cedar, Ozonic Notes, White Ginger, Basil Flower, White Pepper, Violet Leaves, Cedarwood, Haiti Vetiver, Tonka Bean.

Ingredients:

ALCOHOL. AQUA (WATER). PARFUM (FRAGRANCE). ETHYLHEXYL METHOXYCINNAMATE. LIMONENE. BUTYL METHOXYDIBENZOYLMETHANE. BUTYLPHENYL METHYLPROPIONAL. TRIS(TETRAMETHYLHYDROXYPIPERIDINOL) CITRATE. LINALOOL. COUMARIN. PROPYLENE GLYCOL. GERANIOL. ALPHA-METHYL IONONE. CITRAL. DISODIUM EDTA. CI 15985 (YELLOW 6). CI 19140 (YELLOW 5).

A lot of product left. A little goes a long way.

What I think about it?

Top note:

The mix of Ginger, Citrus and spicy ingredient (pepper maybe?) are very evident and well balance. The moment I smelled the perfume, I knew I had to get it. The scent makes me think of champagne, I feel it sparkles when touches my skin. It's cool at first touch.

Middle note:

The creamy vanilla and slight floral scent make the perfume sweet but ginger balance the scent out to make it sexy and seductive. I mentioned that it's cool at first touch but it gets a little warmer once it settled.

Base note:

Fresh powdery feeling just like you feel after you get out from the shower and towel dry yourself - and the feeling stay for hours. The base tone smelled and felt creamy but light and woody. It gives you a matte feeling instead of oily, which makes you feel secured that you're not going to mess all day.

Overall:

I like the scent of L'Homme by YSL. The scent is soft but masculine. It makes me feel young, fresh, clean, and rich. It gives you a matte feeling instead of oily, which makes you feel secured.

I can wear it day and night. And when I wear this perfume I feel sexy and it boosts my confidence. This is definitely a scent for a man with style.

I like that the smell is not too strong and does not project that much. I like the smell of the base tone and how it lingers over time like a fading smile leaving a sensual trail.

Although this scent is for men and very masculine, women might find this one attractive enough for them to wear it too.

It's expensive but it made me feel really luxurious when I wear it so it's good enough for me. And I will buy again if I ran out of it.

The longevity for me maybe is about five to six hours. I always keep a traveler's size with me just in case I need a little more.

Rating: 4.5 out of 5

P.S. Check fragrance notes here: Note (Perfumery)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...