"Beauty will help you get the attention, personality will help you capture the heart, but attitude will help you make everything last."

Monday, December 24, 2012

The Bride! Mylene


Bride: Mylene Amorado-Sarmiento
Groom: Ruel Sarmiento
HMUA: Makeup Artistry by Hxero
Images: Antonio Amorado
Wedding gown and barong: Martin Sy
Location: Davao City

"One of the best experiences I've had. He shows professionalism in everything he does, and you could see and feel his passion in making people look great, inside-out. Thank you, Henry for making me look beautiful on my wedding day!" - Mylene Amorado-Sarmiento
Mylene and Ruel are one of my best friends. I've known them since college. We gotten to know each other because of our common love for arts. The three of us were part of the second wave of Art Co. (an art club in Ateneo de Davao University) when we were in college. It made me so happy that they asked me to be the best man and their make-up artist on their wedding day.

I created two looks for Mylene on her wedding day: her day look during the wedding ceremony and her evening look during the reception.

The couple even surprised me giving me an Urban Decay Naked 2 palette (which I really love). I used the palette on both of her looks. Aren't they the sweetest?

Urban Decay Naked 2 palette


That's Mye (as i often called her) without her makeup on.


That's Mye with her day look during the wedding ceremony.


That's Mye with her evening look during the reception.

The wedding ceremony ended up late so we didn't have the chance to take photos of the couple so I had to recreate her evening look the next day for a photo shoot.

Check more photos below:


 Wedding preparation photos: Hair, Make-up and gown.



Portrait shoots of Mylene.

 Mylene and Ruel with the priest.

Mylene (on her evening look) and Ruel before entering the reception hall.

The photos below are taken the next day. I recreated Mye's evening look for the photo shoot.






I am so happy that the couple and the guests like Mylene's make-up. Congrats again to the newly weds.

2 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...